If you have ever thought about starting your own business, we have a multi-part series in January that will guide you through all of the key elements of turning that dream into a reality. Also consider this series if you already have a business that could use a boost.
This series is designed for aspiring and emerging business owners. The presenters have decades of business experience in the topics they teach. Our goal is to provide you with the background you need to get started on the path to success, even during these COVID-challenged times. An overview of our Essentials of Starting a Business Curriculum can be found here.
Please register for these free events by clicking the titles below. We encourage you to take all of them but you can select specific topics if you prefer.
ESB1 – Creating a Quick Business Plan
Saturday, Jan 8, 9AM til 11AM
You have a great business idea, but what’s the next step in starting the business? Join other entrepreneurs in this hands-on webinar in which you will first write your “Unique Value Statement” that concisely describes your product or service and its value. Then using the “Lean Canvas“, you will write a draft one-page business plan.
ESB2 – Successfully Starting Your Business
Saturday, Jan 15, 9AM til 12PM
This workshop will give you the skills to take those first critical steps in starting a successful business:
- Understand the different business entities and choose the best one for your business.
- Understand how to properly license your business in Florida.
- Select the correct insurance for your business.
- Understand the options for financing your business.
ESB3 – Successfully Marketing Your Business
Saturday, Jan 22, 9AM til 12PM
Learn how to successfully market your product or service and accomplish the following objectives:
- identify customers and their needs
- determine pricing, packaging, and distribution for your product/service
- create a promotional plan for your business
- get your business online.
Marketing is about making people aware of your business and getting them to buy your product or service. In this online workshop, we will help you make the right choices when pricing and ensure the product offerings and packaging are attractive to customers. We will help you choose the right distribution method to get your products or services in front of your customers.
ESB4 – Managing Finances for a New Business
Saturday, Jan 29, 9AM til 12PM
As a new business owner, there are several financial aspects that you need to consider:
- determine how to compute the funding you will need to get started
- learn how to project your future financial resultsrealistically
- manage your cash flow
- keep your accounting records
- understand what taxesyou and your business will need to pay
Proper management of finances is crucial to any business’s success and a special set of skills is needed. Join us to learn how to ensure you build a business right from the start so that it will grow and be profitable.