What is an Ambassador?
An Ambassador is an official representative of the Chamber of Commerce, a front-line volunteer.
Who can serve as an Ambassador?
Any current Chamber member in good standing whose company has been a Chamber member for one year may apply to serve as an Ambassador.
Why serve as an Ambassador?
Serving as an Ambassador allows you to become more involved in your business community. This results in increased networking opportunities, enhanced visibility of your business, and numerous opportunities to market and promote your products and services.
The Qualities of a Successful Ambassador
The most essential function of an Ambassador is to represent the Chamber in a positive way. Therefore, a successful Ambassador will be positive, outgoing and professional. Further, Ambassadors play a critical role in attaining member feedback and, to this end, need to have good listening skills and be comfortable in initiating open, honest dialogue. A genuine appreciation and understanding of the Chamber’s mission, vision and core strategies is also key to an Ambassador’s success.
- Promotion of the value of Chamber membership within the community
- Active recruitment of new members and retention of existing members
- Attendance at Chamber functions including ribbon cuttings, networking events, and annual events
- Support the Chamber functions as an official greeter or crowd host
- Assistance in the promotion of Chamber activities and events in the community
- Contacting membership to inform of and invite to upcoming Chamber events
- Serving as a source of information on Chamber programs, products, services and events
These responsibilities shall be carried out by:
- Staying well informed of Chamber policies, procedures, events and services
- Establishing a personal relationship with assigned members through ongoing phone calls, written messages and personal contact
- Conducting goodwill calls and alerting Chamber staff of new businesses in the community
- Serving as a liaison between the Chamber, its members and the business community
Serving as Ambassador provides you with a greater level of visibility and promotion than a standard Chamber membership. As an Ambassador of the Chamber, you will receive recognition throughout the year in a variety of different ways:
- Listing on the Ambassador page of the Chamber website
- Introduction in the Chamber’s newsletter
- Introduction and recognition at Chamber events which you volunteer
- Official South Lake Chamber of Commerce Ambassador name badge
If you are interested in serving as an Ambassador for the South Lake Chamber of Commerce, please read the Ambassador Guide and fill out the application form at the bottom of the guide. Once your application form has been reviewed, the next step is to attend three Ambassador meetings. Upon successful completion you will be recognized as an official member of the Chamber’s Ambassador Committee.