Every year, more than 125 new businesses join the Chamber and more than 600 businesses continue as members. Chamber membership helps connect businesses not only to each other but also to the South Lake community. The Chamber is dedicated to helping all businesses succeed, which in turn allows our community to flourish.
For more information about the Chamber, Chamber membership, and how the Chamber can help your business, please contact Shahanaz Rahaman, Member Relations Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 352-394-4191.
South Lake Chamber board members and other volunteers serve on a variety of committees involved in many programs, services and community outreach. If you are interested in serving on a committee, please call the Chamber at 352-394-4191. The Chamber’s current committees are:
- Ambassadors: Serve as the goodwill and public relations arm of the Chamber in order to maintain an enthusiastic and dedicated Chamber membership so that “business and community will prosper.”
- Membership Services: Guide and support robust membership recruitment and retention initiatives as well as member services that help grow a strong, diverse membership base who understand and support the Chamber’s mission and values.
- Young Professionals: Provide a forum for South Lake professionals under 40 to encourage dialogue and networking camaraderie, social networking and professional development.
Identify, spotlight and award those individuals and organizations that have a positive impact on the South Lake community. Provide opportunities to train, educate, award and motivate Chamber members to add value to their membership investment.
- Special Events: Plan and execute signature Chamber events that reinforce our mission, provide a variety of networking gatherings for members and serve as fundraisers.
Public Policy Council
- Education Committee: Provide vision and leadership on issues important to the relationship between business and the South Lake Education systems. Partner with relevant educational programs and increase awareness in the business community. Serve as a connection between educators, local business and community leaders.
- Economic Development Committee: Provide guidance and direction to Chamber leadership, county and local governments, and Central Florida economic development officials on issues vital to the following: expanding the South Lake economy, revitalization and growth of existing businesses and creation of new businesses, including through recruitment.
- Sports and Tourism Committee: Advise and make recommendations on policy, priority and direction in response to emerging needs and expectations, and identify opportunities which stimulate growth within the sports and tourism segment.
- Chamber Alliance: Support the development of overarching, countywide legislative and public policy agendas.
Internal Board Committees
Oversee and provide direction to the Chamber for operational needs; help implement and monitor the strategic plan. These committees include finance, nominating, strategic planning, and legal counsel/administrative.
Provide networking type programs and services that educate, recognize, award, motivate and add value to Chamber membership investment.