The Chamber was proud to welcome 240 local business leaders at the 28th Annual Ambassador Breakfast on Friday, February 17, 2023, in the Wesley Center at First United Methodist Church. This breakfast highlights the efforts of the Ambassador Committee and the actions they display throughout the year.
An Ambassador is an official representative of the South Lake Chamber of Commerce, and serves as a front-line volunteer. Their efforts allow the Chamber to function at a high level and execute events successfully during Chamber Breakfast, First Friday Chamber Connection, Ribbon Cuttings, Business After Hours, and Chamber Signature Events. They are the eyes and ears in the community allowing the Chamber to serve and support our members. The mission of the South Lake Chamber of Commerce is to develop, promote and sustain a vital, thriving business climate throughout the community and to initiate, support and enhance the civic, educational, and economic well-being. In short, an ambassador is the friendly person, in a blue jacket, who will welcome you.
Lori Wuchevich of A-Z Bookkeeping Services and the 2023 Board Chair of the Ambassador Committee announced two designations on Friday. The first designation is the 2023 Co-Chair of the Ambassador Committee, Jacquie Peterson of Splash Social Marketing, who will assume Chairmanship in 2024.
The second designation is the 2023 Ambassador of the Year presented to Gayle Tomasini of Headquarter Honda. Gayle provides extraordinary value to the South Lake Chamber of Commerce. She has served as an Ambassador since 2017 and was appointed Secretary during her tenure. Gayle has shown exemplary efforts through volunteerism and providing a familiar face at all Chamber events. She is one of the first people who greet you when you attend a Chamber event. Gayle is an original hire of Headquarter Honda and an outstanding representation of their organization. She is an advocate for the Chamber and believes the best way to grow your business is to establish strong relationships.
Patricia Kry of the Neighborhood Center of South Lake presented Keith Whitacre of Keith Whitacre Consulting with the Ann Dupee Gem of the Hills award. Keith is a passionate individual who is determined to fight food insecurity in South Lake. He facilitated the partnership of like-minded food pantries, churches, organizations, and individuals we call the Food Providers of South Lake. He tirelessly volunteers his time at food drops and community events. South Lake is grateful to have leaders like Keith who diligently lend their time and efforts for the betterment of this community.
The 28th Annual Ambassador Breakfast included a table decoration contest sponsored by Live Well of South Lake where contenders garnished their tables highlighting the “Chamber Centennial Celebration.” Attendees voted for their favorite table, and the top three contestants received an award. The winners include:
- First Place – Computer Business Consultants
- Second Place – A1 Aluminum
- Third Place – OCR Roofing
This breakfast could not be free without the support of our sponsors. They are as follows:
- Main Event Sponsor: Granny Nannies
- Co-Sponsors: J Sterling’s Massage and Facial Spa
- Table Decorating Contest Sponsor: Live Well Foundation of South Lake
- Caterer: First United Methodist Church
- Coffee Station Sponsor: Computer Business Consultants
- Water Sponsor: Addition Financial
- Photographer: Sai Photography
- Broadcast Partner: South Lake TV
- A1 Aluminum
- A – Z Bookkeeping Service
- Bennett Law Center
- Caribbean American Association of Lake County
- City of Clermont
- Clermont Fire Department
- Clermont Police Department
- Computer Business Consultants
- Edward Jones – Daniela Martinez
- Engel & Volkers Clermont
- Frankie Valente Scholarship Fund
- Headquarter Honda
- Home Instead
- HouseMaster Home Inspections
- Insight Credit Union
- Lake County Sheriff’s Office
- Lake County Supervisor of Elections – Alan Hays
- LPT Realty / The King Group
- Jan Deardorff from Mary Kay
- Metes & Bounds Title Company
- OCR Roofing
- Once Upon A Creation
- Optima One Realty
- Orlando Health South Lake Hospital
- Yolanda Abuabara, Keller Williams Elite Partners III Realtor
Click here to rebroadcast the 28th Annual Ambassador Breakfast provided by SouthLake.TV.
Click here to view images.