Lake County education and workforce partners work alongside Lake County’s Office of Elevate Lake to collaborate and compile local workforce resources available to our businesses and their workforce.
The goal of the initiative below is to highlight options that assist in developing the existing workforce, enhancing productivity, and offering options for employees who want to grow within the company.
Below are resources for businesses and employees in Lake County to build skills, move ahead within their companies, and get access to relevant training opportunities.
Virtual Learning Opportunities
LAKE-SUMTER STATE COLLEGE
Educational opportunities offered from entry-level to leadership roles
• Short-term, non-credit online courses.
• College credit certificates and degree programs
Greg Jones for Short Term, Non-credit Courses at JonesGr@lssc.edu and Amy Albee Levigne for College Credit Certificates at AlbeeLeA@lssc.edu
LAKE TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Offering customized training, continuing education courses, and online learning opportunities.
• 32 technical training programs for the skilled workforce.
• Short-term and online courses through the Corporate and Community Training (CCT) Division.
CONTACT: Laurie Bryant at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources for Financial Assistance, Job Listings and Resume Development
CareerSource Central Florida
Business resources to help during this pandemic for your company, existing staff and new hires.
• On-the-Job Training reimbursement opportunities
• Financial assistance for career training or upskilling.
• Call 1-800-757-4598 for virtual assistance.
Providing job connection services and resources to community members and employers.
• Employers may reach out with any job postings, questions, or feedback at Request Employer Services.
CONTACT: email@example.com or call 407-235-1541.