The Chamber hosts several signature events throughout the year. The purpose of the signature events is to reinforce the Chamber mission, provide a variety of networking gatherings for members and serve as fundraisers. Our signature events are:
- Chairman’s Gala: Held every February, this event includes the swearing in of the new chair of the board and includes the announcement of the winners of the prestigious Business of the Year and Citizen of the Year awards.
- Hob Nob: Held every even numbered year in late summer, the Hob Nob features political candidates running for office on the local, state and national level, in addition to a straw ballot that gets a lot of media attention.
- Job Fair: Held in late spring, the job fair gives local businesses the opportunity to recruit and interview local members of the workforce for current and future vacancies.
- Senior Expo: Held in December, the Senior Expo features exhibitors dedicated to serving the senior population in a variety of areas: informational needs, active living options, and health and wellness products.
- Taste of South Lake and Business Expo: Held in November, during this event, restaurants offer samples of their signature dishes and businesses showcase their products and services.
- Teacher Appreciation Breakfast: Held in early August and attended by over 1,000 educators, the Chamber honors the South Lake Teachers of the Year during this event.
- Wellness Challenge: During this 90-day challenge, teams from the local community compete to see which team can lose the largest percentage of body fat. The Wellness Challenge is co-sponsored by the Chamber and South Lake Hospital to promote healthy living in the South Lake.