The South Lake Chamber of Commerce office will be closed Friday, September 8, beginning at 12 p.m. and closed Monday, September 11.
We are monitoring the storm and will continue to provide updates on any changes to next week's event schedule.
The following Chamber events have been postponed or cancelled:
- Young Professionals Coffee Club: Scheduled for Friday, September 8 has been cancelled.
- Business After Hours: Originally scheduled for Thursday, September 14 at Success Mortgage Partners, Business After Hours has been postponed until the following week, and will be held on Thursday, September 21 from 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. For more details and to RSVP, click here.
- Education Committee Meeting, scheduled for Tuesday, September 12 has been cancelled.
- Sports & Tourism Committee Meeting, scheduled for Wednesday, September 13 has been cancelled.
RESOURCES TO HELP YOU PREPARE
We've compiled a list of local and national resources available to you as you prepare for Hurricane Irma.
- Florida Hurricane Information: For information on how to make your Hurricane plan, visit www.Floridachamber.com/hurricane. Here, you will find information provided by our partner, The Florida Chamber in coordination with the state EOC.
- Preparing Your Business: For helpful tips on how to fully prepare your business to continue operations after a disaster and a full list of important documents/records to include in your own "ready-to-go" box, please visit the Lake County Government website, here.
- Real-Time Updates: The latest forecast on any Tropical Storm or Hurricane can be found at the National Hurricane Center's website: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
- Florida Emergency Information Line: 800-342-3557: The Florida Emergency Information Line is a toll-free hotline and is now activated to provide an additional resource for those in Florida. The line is open 24/7.
- Self-serve Sandbag Pick-Up Locations: Sandbags will be available at several Lake County locations beginning Wednesday, Sept. 6. Pick up hours are 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. Updated locations are available here.
- Local Resources and Updates: Local updates regarding Public Works, Shelters, School closures and other information is made available at the Lake County Emergency Operations Center website, found here.
- OneBlood Drive at Seacoast Bank: This Saturday, Seacoast Bank's Clermont Branch will host the "Big Red Bus" for OneBlood from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. There is a need for all blood types, but type O is always in short supply. Please stop by or register for an appointment by calling 1-888-9DONATE or visiting www.oneblood.org